National Loans Pty Ltd (ABN 30 163 237 143), Australian Credit Licence #480781 (we ,us ,our) collects information about you for the purposes you agree to in this privacy disclosure statement and consent. When you sign below, you agree we can, consistently with Australia’s privacy and credit reporting laws, collect, use, and exchange credit and personal information about you for those purposes.Privacy and Disclosure Statement and Consent:
We are collecting credit and personal information (information) about you, as applicable:
- To source for you, or a company of which you are a Director:
- Consumer credit for personal, household, domestic or residential investment purposes;
- Commercial credit for business purposes; or
- Other services stated in this Privacy Disclosure statement and Consent (Consent); or
- To support a guarantor application, you will provide.
As your broker, we require the information we collect from you to assess your credit, or guarantor, application or the credit application of a company of which you are a director, source a suitable credit provider and any required insurances and to manage the application process, where required. If you do not provide the information sought, we may be unable to process your application, or the company’s application, or we may be limited in the other services we can offer you or the company.
Your information – Collection and Credit Reporting Body (‘CRB’) Disclosure
When we collect information from you in the credit application process, we use that information in a number of ways to assess your credit application and to source a suitable credit provider or lessor and/or insurance provider. We may:
- Disclose your identification information to a CRB if you wish us to obtain a report on your behalf;
- Use any information the CRB provides in that report to assist us to preliminary assess your consumer credit or guarantor application.
- Disclose your personal information to an insurer or insurers to source any insurances you wish to obtain.
- Disclose your credit information to a credit provider or credit providers to apply for finance on your behalf.
The information we obtain from you is used, subject to compliance with Australia’s privacy and credit reporting laws, only for the purposes listed in this Consent and is not disclosed to any other person except with your permission or as permitted, or required, by law.
As part of providing our services to you, we may undertake tasks for a credit provider which are reasonably necessary to manage the application process. When doing so, we are acting as agent for the credit provider, with the same privacy law requirements applying to both of us.
We may submit your application to one or more credit providers. Those credit providers and their website addresses are set out in the Schedule at the end of this document.
A credit provider, to whom we submit an application, may disclose information about you to, and collect information about you from, from one or more CRBs.
- That the CRB may include information and credit provider discloses about you to other credit providers to assess your credit worthiness.
- That, if you become overdue in making consumer credit payments or you commit a serious credit infringement, the credit provider may disclose that information to a CRB.
- How you can obtain the credit provider’s and/or CRB’s policies about managing your credit information.
- Your right to assess and/or correct information held about you and to complain about conduct that may breach the privacy and credit reporting laws.
- Your right to request a CRB not to undertake pre-screening for purposes of direct marketing by a credit provider.
- Your right to request a CRB not to release information about you if you believe you are a victim of fraud.
This detail will also be included by the credit provider who approves your application in the privacy disclosure statement and consent document it will provide to you.
Each credit provider website includes information on how to contact the credit provider and how to obtain a copy of it’s privacy documents in a form that suits you (e.g. hardcopy or email).Your Rights:
- You have the right to ask us to provide you with all the information we hold about you.
- Us to correct the information we hold if it is incorrect.
- The CRB not to use your information for direct marketing assessment purposes, including pre-screening.
- The CRB to provide you with a copy of the information it holds about you.
You can gain access to the information we hold about you by contacting our Privacy officer Matthew Shaw by telephone 1300 358 358 or email at email@example.com. In some cases, an administration fee may be charged to cover the cost of providing the information.
You can contact the CRB by telephone on 13 8332 (Opening hours: Mon-Fri8.30am-6pm EST),or via their website at www.equifax.com.au.
If you are unsatisfied with our response, or if your complaint remains unresolved, you may refer it to our external dispute resolution scheme, the Australian Financial Complaints Authority (AFCA), which provides a free independent industry dispute resolution service. AFCA’s contact details are:
Australian Financial Complaints Authority GPO Box 3 Melbourne Victoria Australia 3001 Phone: 1800 931 678 Website: www.afca.org.au Alternatively, you may refer the matter to the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner (the “OAIC”) The contact details for the OAIC are: The Office of the Australian Information Commissioner GPO Box 5218 Sydney NSW 2001 Australia Phone: 1300 363 992 Fax: 02 9284 9666 Website: www.oaic.gov.au
Disclosure and Consent: Signing below you agree we may
Use your personal and credit information:
- To assess your consumer or commercial credit and/or guarantee application and/or to assess a credit application by a company of which you are a director.
- To source any finances, you required.
- To source any insurances, you require.
- As the law authorises or requires.
Disclose to, and obtain from, any prospective credit provider or insurer, information about you that is reasonably necessary to obtain the finance and insurances you require;
Obtain from, and disclose to, any third party, information about you, the applicant(s) or guarantor(s) that is reasonably necessary to assist you.
Schedule of credit provider below so they can assess your application, or the application of a company of which you are a director, or your suitability as a guarantor. A CRB disclosing consumer credit information to one or more credit providers specified in the Schedule of Credit Providers below for the purpose of assessing your application for consumer or commercial credit or your guarantor application, and/or assessing a credit application by a company of which you a are a director.
- When you are a prospective guarantor, a credit provider using that information to assess your suitability as a guarantor.
- A credit provider disclosing your credit information (including information obtained by it from a CRB) to a guarantor, or a prospective guarantor.
- A credit provider disclosing to another credit provider, for a particular purpose, information it holds about you.
Where the applicant, or guarantor, is a company of which you are a director, you consent to the use of your information, in addition to the company’s information, in each of the ways listed above.
CREDIT GUIDE & QUOTE
This document provides information about the services we provide.
We are licensed to arrange loans and leases under the National Consumer Credit Protection Act 2009 (NCCP Act). The NCCP Act regulates the activity of lending, leasing and finance broking.
|Our Full Name:||National Loans Pty Ltd (ABN 30 163 237 143)|
|Trading As:||National Loans|
|Australian Credit Licence:||480781|
|Head Office Address:||Unit 2A/475-477 Maroondah Highway, Ringwood VIC 3134|
|Contact Details:||Telephone – 1300 358 358 Email – firstname.lastname@example.org|
We will help you to choose a loan which is suitable for your purposes.Our Panel Lenders
Through an aggregator, we source finance from a panel of lenders. Our aggregator is an associated company – Fintelligence Pty Ltd ABN 80 625 017 174 (The Aggregator). The lenders named below are the six with whom we conduct the most business.
Australia and New Zealand Banking Group Ltd, Latitude Financial Services, Macquarie Leasing Pty Ltd, Secure Funding Pty Ltd (Liberty Financial), RACV Finance Ltd and Pepper Money, although we may use others.We Will Need Information from You
Under the NCCP Act, we are obliged to ensure that any loan or principal increase to a loan we help you to obtain or we help you to enter is not unsuitable for you. To decide this, we may need to ask you some questions to assess whether the loan is not unsuitable. The law requires us to:
- make reasonable inquiries about your requirements and objectives
- make reasonable inquiries about your financial situation
- take reasonable steps to verify that financial situation
- you could not pay or could only pay with substantial hardship
- the credit will not meet your requirements and objectives
For example, if you can only repay by selling your principal place of residence, it is presumed that the loan will cause substantial hardship unless the contrary is proved. For this reason, we must ask you to provide a significant amount of information. It is therefore very important that the information you provide us is accurate.
We must provide you with a copy of our preliminary assessment of your application if you ask within seven years of when we assist you. We will provide you with our assessment within 7 business days of your request if it is made within two years of us giving you a credit assistance quote. We will provide it within twenty – one business days if your request is received more than two years after we gave you a credit assistance quote. We are only required to give you a copy of the preliminary assessment if we give you credit assistance.Fees Payable by You
You may need to pay the lenders application fee, valuation fee and other fees. We sometimes charge a fee for our services when you enter into a loan we have arranged for you. More details about the fees you must pay will be set out in accredit assistance quote we will give you before a finance application is lodged. You may obtain from us information about how these fees and charges are worked out and a reasonable estimate of those fees.Commissions Received by Us
Commission may be received by the Aggregator from the lenders who provide finance for you as our customer/s. We in turn may receive commission from the Aggregator. These commissions are not payable by you. You may obtain from us information about a reasonable estimate of those commissions and how the commission is worked out.Commissions Payable by Us
We source referrals from a broad range of sources. For example, we may pay fees to motor dealers, suppliers, real estate agents or accountants for referring you to us. These referral fees are generally small amounts and accord with usual business practice. These are not fees payable by you. You may, on request, obtain a reasonable estimate of those commissions and how the commission is worked out.Our Internal Dispute Resolution Scheme
We hope you are delighted by our services, however if you have any complaints you should notify us by contacting our Dispute Resolution Officer by:
- telephoning – 1300 358 358
- emailing email@example.com
- writing to – Unit 2A/475-477 Maroondah Highway, Ringwood, Victoria
or by speaking to any representative of our business who will refer you to the Dispute Resolution Officer. You should explain the details or your complaint as clearly as you can. You may do this verbally or in writing. When we receive a complaint, we will attempt to resolve it promptly.Our External Dispute Resolution Scheme
If you are not satisfied with the outcome of our attempt to resolve your complaint, you may refer the matter to the Australian Financial Complaints Authority Australia on phone 1800 931 678 or by writing to GPO Box 3 Melbourne VIC 3001. The Australian Financial Complaints Authority Australia is a no- charge external and independent dispute resolution service.
If you have any questions about this credit guide or anything about our services, just ask at any time. We are here to help you.Credit Quote: Maximum Fee and/or Charges Payable by You to Us:
If we successfully obtain an approval for the finance you require and upon settlement of your loan contract, you must pay us a fee for our services. This service fee will be included in the loan amount and will not exceed a maximum amount of $990 (including GST).
This fee is payable once only and is not payable if the loan does not proceed to a complete settlement. There are no other fees and/or charges payable by you to us, however you may be liable to pay fees and/or charges to the financier.Acknowledgement and Agreement:
I/We acknowledge that I/We have read and fully understand the contents of this document. I/We also acknowledge and agree that I/We will pay you the above mentioned fee for your services if the loan proceeds to a complete settlement. I/We understand that the fee will be included in the loan amount. I/We further acknowledge and consent to receive this Quote and any further disclosure documents such as a Credit Guide and/or a Credit Proposal by electronic means. This consent is given on the understanding that paper disclosure documents may no longer be given to me/us and that I/We must regularly check electronic communications for such documents. I/We also understand that I/We may withdraw consent to receive these disclosure documents vat any time by contacting you at the above Head Office contact details